It is essential to get in your greens, and this smoothie is the perfect opportunity to slip them in. Smoothies as oppose to juices, contain all elements of the fruit and vegetable and, better yet, leave little to no waste. My favorite smoothie is loaded with protein from hemp milk and almond butter, is rich in Vitamin C from the dark greens and berries, and bursting with antioxidants and immune boosters from ginger, lemon, and bee pollen. Whether you blend up in the am, pm, or midday, this smoothie is not to be missed.
Berry Zinger Smoothie
Makes 1 smoothie
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 tbsp all natural almond or peanut butter
- 1 cup hemp milk
- 2 cups organic dark leafy greens (kale or chard)
- 1 cup oragnic blackberries or blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped and peeled ginger root
- Bee pollen (optional garnish)
Blend all the ingredients together in a high speed blender and enjoy.