Looking for an alternative to stuffing or basic roasted vegetables this Thanksgiving? Take a flavor-driven trip to India with this Curry Cauliflower Quinoa Salad oozing with the ideal balance of spicy and sweet. This flavorful powerhouse salad is light and satisfying with additional immune boosting antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties from the curry and the turmeric. Think outside the box this holiday and start a new tradition with this curried cauliflower crunch fest.
Curry Cauliflower Quinoa Salad
Serves 4-6 side dishes
- ¼ cup avocado, coconut, or olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 head cauliflower, cored, florets removed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup apple juice sweetened cranberries
- ½ cup toasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a bowl, whisk canola oil, turmeric, and curry powder. Add cauliflower florets and mix, coating florets with spice blend. Spread cauliflower out on a parchment paper lined sheet tray and roast for 30 minutes.
While the cauliflower roasts, whisk together the dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil, stir in most of the cilantro and scallions-reserving a handful for garnish.
Place dressing in a large serving bowl, fold in just cooked quinoa, roasted cauliflower, cranberries, and pistachios. Garish with the remaining herbs.